Memoirs Of A Songwriter
Songwriters offer an interesting perspective on the world. Because they look at events in their own life and in the lives of others for inspiration, they often see things in everyday events that others overlook. At Songfinch, we love celebrating the amazing gifts of our songwriting community and we want to continue to spread your voice to as many hearts, minds and ears as we can. That’s why we’re launching a new program called “Memoirs Of A Songwriter” -- a cooperative journal written by you and the other talented songwriters who work with Songfinch.
With “Memoirs of A Songwriter,” we hope to offer our customers a bit more insight into the prolific minds of the talented artists crafting their songs. Additionally, we want to offer you a new platform to share your voice and your mind. If interested, we’ll spread your journal entries on our blog, social media and other outlets to make sure people get the opportunity to read it.
Don’t worry about grammar, word count or spelling … our King of Content, Zach Miller, can help touch it up after you submit! Email us any entries at email@example.com and check out a few journal prompts below to get you inspired.
A few prompts to get the brain flowing
- In your own words, what does it mean to be a storyteller? How does one become a storyteller and what do you think makes a great storyteller?
- What are some challenges that you have overcome to get to where you are today? If you ever second-guessed yourself, how did you get over that hurdle?
- In your own words, what do you think is the meaning and/or purpose of life? How did that perspective influence your decision to become a songwriter?
- What is the most beautiful human experience you’ve witnessed while on tour or during your journey? Has that changed anything about you?
- What are some tips on happy living that you’ve developed over the years? Do you have a mantra or practice that you follow to keep positive?
Feeling like writing something else that’s not on the list? No problem! Send us anything you’ve got, we’d love to check it out and share. Additionally, use the hashtag #MemoirsOfASongwriter on Twitter and Instagram for any random thoughts or cool pics that you post while out there in the world.
Thanks eternally for being such amazing members of our team. We truly could not offer people these beautiful gifts of original songs written just for them without your talent, dedication and support.