Yes, the fun legal stuff
Some key points of our songwriter agreement:
- You sign off on behalf of any additional songwriters and producers that are on the songs you submit (most, if not all, of the time it’s just you)
- You are paid $100 per song completed (generally we get payment out within an hour or two of submitting and accepting the song.)
- Songfinch owns the masters & the artists retains 100% of the publishing for the song that is submitted. Songfinch owns the master so the artist doesn’t take the song and do anything the customer wouldn’t agree with and the customer doesn’t do anything that the artist doesn’t agree with. The verses are going to be personalized, so 99% of the time, you wouldn’t want to use those exact songs for anything. But if you like a chorus, a line or two in the song, chord progression or full instrumental, you can use those in a new recording creating a new master. We don't own or control any of that - only own the master of the actual song submitted for our customer.
- The customer is allowed to use the song for personal use only (reproduction on physical items for personal use, social media, internet, etc.) \
- Songfinch cannot license the music to third parties without artist approval and any fees will be split 50/50 between Songfinch & the songwriter. Any royalties generated from sync placements go 100% to songwriter.
If you have any specific question, feel free to email email@example.com.