Song brief: football season - husband to wife
I want to give MY WIFE a song for THE START OF FOOTBALL SEASON that will make HER REALIZE SUNDAYS ARE NOW RESERVED FOR FOOTBALL.
Mood: Happy, Upbeat, Light-hearted, Comical
Details for the song:
- The couch is my kingdom during football
- Why we love football: hard hitting, violent, team game, quickness, skill
- My Sunday best is sweatpants and my favorite team’s football jersey
- Sundays are off limits for plans - no baby showers, weddings, shopping trips, chores
-Sundays are better with friends. Don’t care that I hung out with them last Sunday, or the Sunday before that. Yelling at people who can’t hear you is way better when there’s a bunch of us doing it
- Pretend I’m at work - no kids, no diapers, no interruptions - it’s actually probably best if you just leave the house. I’ll even pay for that to happen, frankly
- Just bc “My Team” is done playing, doesn’t mean the day’s over - I’ve got players on EVERY team (fantasy)
- No, I cannot DVR sports & watch it later
- When I yell and scream at the TV - ignore me or agree with me - never go against me or tell me to stop yelling
- Only interrupt in the case of asking questions about the game, rooting for my team, or delivering snacks
- Favorite things to consume during games: wings, pizza, beer, brats, burgers, chips, dips, more beer
- No phone calls - minimal text messages
- Just because I’m also staring at my computer or phone screen, doesn’t mean I’m not watching the game. It’s called multitasking
- There are no bye weeks. Fantasy makes every week matter.
- Don’t care if “my team” is bad or out of it. There’s always hope. And there’s always fantasy.
- Be thankful I’m not a diehard NCAAF fan too, because then Saturday’s would also be shot.
- Sunday’s are so important, I’d use vacation days on them if I could
- Yes, we need a bigger TV. No I don’t care that I broke the last one when I threw the remote at it.
- Redzone channel is the best invention since the television.
- Our Super Bowl party should, in fact, be bigger than our wedding reception