Song brief: birth of first daughter - husband to wife
I want to give MY WIFE a song for THE BIRTH OF OUR FIRST DAUGHTER that will make HER LAUGH & CRY WHILE EXPRESSING HOW EXCITED I AM FOR OUR NEW JOURNEY INTO PARENTHOOD.
Mood: Happy, Light-hearted, Passionate, Reflective, Love
Details for the song:
We met while we were working at Bluestem Brands. Our departments worked together and as we got to know each other, the more I wanted to learn about her. Finally built up the courage to ask her out - our first date was a round of golf. From there, I continued to flirt with her and we ended up exclusively dating.
- A year and a half later I asked her to marry me, we got married 4 months later and celebrated our 4 year anniversary this year. All has been great, but we have had harder times like everyone does - but together we got through them.
- We have been married for 4 years and is the 2nd marriage for both of us
- I may be older to have a child, but never would have had one unless by the grace of God, we found each other
- She is my partner in crime, we do everything together and truly enjoy each other’s company
- We enjoy sports, traveling, running, Gym, Golfing, Traveling, Summer weekends at the cabin = paddle boarding, nightly campfires, enjoying the sun on the boat
- Some of our favorite times are being together at our home (which we call "The TreeHouse") on the 3 season porch - reading, playing games, talking.... basically just enjoying our time together
- She always makes fun of me because I'm always coming up with a new nickname for her
- We went to Italy on our honeymoon. Started in Venice and we took a water taxi to our hotel, which was outrageously expensive. So, now every time we want to do something that costs more, we say "if only we wouldn't have taken that taxi in It
About The Child On The Way:
- I am 45 years old and just now having a child that I've always wanted
- I've always wanted children, but never wanted to force it or make it happen - I wanted a child with the right person whom I loved more than anything & I found that person
- She is an amazing caring person and will be an incredible mother
- I can only pray that our daughter is more like her than me
- We are having a little girl. We both bet we would have a boy and both agreed on the fact that we both thought it was a boy, means we probably would have a girl - and we did. We are both so excited to be having a daughter.
- Right now I kindly refer to our baby as "Little Mountaineer" - I'm from West Virginia and a huge WVU fan.
- I would like for this song to express how much I love her, how happy I am with our life, and how excited (and a bit nervous) for the future with our daughter - learning to be parents together, learning to be whatever it takes to be successful with our daughter together.